In order to keep climate change to 1.5°C, we’ll need 30% of global GDP to run on batteries by 2035. We’ll need to electrify entire core infrastructures, decarbonizing transportation and energy generation writ large.
Zitara Technologies (YCombinator S20) builds battery design and management software for transportation and energy companies with large deployments. Their customers operate >$100M deployments of batteries in satellites, EVs, and renewable energy storage installations. Zitara recently closed a $12M Series A.
We are looking for a “full-funnel” sales engineer who will grow Zitara’s customer base by acquiring new prospective customer leads, developing their interest and engagement with Zitara’s offerings, and driving deals to completion.
This role requires a deep understanding of prospective customer needs across a diverse set of energy storage applications in order to effectively communicate value and close deals. While a technical background is not required, the candidate must be capable of thoroughly understanding technical concepts related to battery systems design and management, and fluently communicating about them with prospective customers up and down their org charts.
This is an opportunity and a challenge to grow together with a young and promising start-up in a small, tightly-knit sales organization engaging with an exciting new industry. You will be expected to work with a high level of autonomy, proactively developing our team’s capabilities as we grow.
- Generate and develop new customer leads by building professional networks within key industries and contributing to marketing initiatives.
- Determine customer qualifications and qualify incoming leads. *Pitch Zitara products and services to prospective customers, maintain deal momentum, and manage deals to completion.
- Thoroughly understand the needs of prospective customers, and author compelling proposals for business engagements that address those needs, collaborating with internal technical teams.
- Work with Zitara legal resources to negotiate, revise, and close contracts.
- Directly report to business leadership on the status and progress of deals, and collaborate on company-level go-to-market strategies.
- Collaborate with account management, applications engineering, and operations teams to smoothly hand-off newly won deals for product delivery.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of customer needs across the industry, and drive Zitara product development by identifying product gaps and advocating on behalf of our customers internally.
- Directly participate in Zitara’s product planning process.
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent proficiency.
- Minimum three years of technical sales experience.
- Clear and effective communication abilities.
- High attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel to attend industry events and meet prospective customers.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Familiarity with lithium-ion batteries.
- Familiarity with industries deploying energy storage assets, such as:
- Electric vehicles
- Renewable energy / utilities / stationary energy storage
- Construction / industrial equipment / power tools
What We Offer
- A full-time position, working from our office in San Francisco or remotely.
- Competitive pay.
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family.
- A 401k savings plan.
- " Unlimited PTO” vacation policy.
- Excellent colleagues that are interested in your happiness and growth.
About Zitara Technologies, Inc.
In order to keep climate change to 1.5°C, we’ll need 30% of global GDP (all of energy generation and transportation) to run on batteries by 2035.
Zitara Technologies (YCombinator S20) builds predictive battery management software for transportation and energy customers with large deployments. Their customers operate >$100M deployments of batteries in satellites, EVs, and renewable energy storage installations.
Real-Time Fleet Management Platform Designed to Improve Lithium Battery Safety and Longevity