Systems Test Engineer
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, FlightOS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
SYSTEMS TEST ENGINEER - EL SEGUNDO, CA
As a Systems Test Engineer, you will lead a team of engineers to develop test equipment intended to verify and validate systems and components to product requirements and using a common design & development execution process. As the FlightOS product suits multiple applications, the lead will drive a generic test equipment vision in parallel with meeting specific platform needs. Additionally, the team will be responsible for supporting product development integration and checkout alongside design teams using deployed test equipment.
- Support overall Avionics systems and subsystems integration activities to ensure safety, certification & aircraft design requirements and objectives are met
- Hands-on support in equipment calibration, configuration, and Systems Lab tests
- Support SIL Lab set up and test activities including configuration control of test equipment and products being tested.
- Support technical and program management regarding harness design and integration to the aircraft that will also be used as part of the SIL
- Support technical and program management of the supplier regarding the environmental, EMI/EMC tests.
- Work in a collaborative manner with other engineering disciplines such as GNC, Perception, Safety, Systems, Flight Test, Software and lines of business as appropriate.
- Bachelor of Science in Systems, Mechanical or Electronics engineering disciplines. Master’s degree in one of the same disciplines is preferred.
- 3+ years of technical avionics experience
- Broad technical experience with the specification, design, integration, test, data analysis and certification of Avionics/Electromechanical systems on aircraft
- Experience in leading technical teams and specifically in test.
- Understanding of how Avionics/Electromechanical systems integrate and interact to the overall aircraft
- Experience in working as part of a team that has certified a regulated safety critical automation solution in Aerospace industry
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Salary Range: $130,000 - $155,000
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Safety Through Simplicity