This job is no longer accepting applications.
Over the last few years, there has been a rush to develop technologies targeted at enabling autonomous vehicles, yet almost every company in the industry is still retrofitting legacy vehicle platforms and many are no closer to having a finished product.
Faction was founded in February 2020 with a focus on developing a deployable software architecture and hardware reference for future digital vehicle platforms. While there has been significant autonomous industry investment in perception, decision making, and control systems, many companies remain focused on areas of active research versus productization.
At Faction, we’re on a mission to right-size transportation by making it autonomous and accessible to everyone so that it’s smart, simple, and fun.
We're looking for a Safety Driver to partner with our development team to run data collection using Faction’s vehicles/technology. The ideal candidate will be comfortable driving Autonomous Vehicles, have a valid California Driver License with a spotless driving record, and is someone process oriented with a keen eye for details.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive Faction’s vehicles and make suggestions on how to improve the drive, feel, comfort, and overall Faction driving experience
- Inspect and check the vehicles daily
- Clean the interior and exterior of vehicles at regular intervals or as needed
- Operate vehicles according to traffic safety procedures and safe driving practices
- Document daily summaries
- Occasionally interact with customers and other duties as assigned
- Adhere to COVID-19 protocols to maintain a healthy environment for employees, clients, and customers
What You’ll Need:
- Valid Class C Driver License, Class A preferred, and C+M1 is a nice to have
- 5+ years driving experience with a clean driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Strong organizational, communication, and customer service skills
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Passion and interest for autonomous driving
- Track driving experience (HPDE or racing)
- Vehicle enthusiast
Faction does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Faction is located in South San Francisco, California and authorization to work in the United States is required for this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Driverless electric vehicles at a fraction of the cost of a car.