Senior DevOps Engineer
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
As a member of the DevOps team, you ensure that the developers have a stable and state-of-the art development environment that supports Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI / CD). The team combines the knowledge of our internal infrastructure, development tools, and modern development practices having an immeasurable impact on the effectiveness and productivity of the software development teams. The goal of the DevOps team is to continuously optimize the software development, testing, and deployment cycle. Activities range widely; development tooling configuration, setting up / enhancing continuous Integration pipelines, performance monitoring, maintenance, support, and application life cycle management.
- Develop and continuously improve automation solutions to enable teams to build and deploy code efficiently and consistently
- Provide guidance to development teams to improve performance and operability of the solutions they develop
- Develop or setup tools for monitoring, alerting, logging, and visualization
- Establish metrics such as key performance indicators of the development process
- Promote DevOps principles and culture across the software engineering organization
- Familiar with CMake or similar large-scale C and C++ build systems
- Proficiency in Docker, TeamCity (Kotlin), GitHub, Artifactory, Ansible, AWS, and Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as Datadog, Cloudwatch, Stackdriver, or Splunk
- Experience with performance metrics monitoring platforms such as New Relic or Grafana
- Experience using scripting languages and configuration-as-code best practices for automation and to create end-to-end solutions
- Experience developing on a Linux-based build system
- 5+ years of experience in the software industry
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience; degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Familiar with transitioning from using Artifactory Cloud to Artifactory Self-Hosted
- Familiar with DO-178C, Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification
Please still apply if you don’t meet all items in the desired section! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse and effective workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $117,700-$184,400/yr. The compensation package offered will be determined by location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing