Software Engineer, Testing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Modern intelligent systems such as self-driving cars, aerial mobility, and mobile robotics have the potential to improve the safety and efficiency of all forms of transportation. However, to realize their full potential, these systems must be able to navigate safely in any environment, anywhere on the planet. The most ubiquitous and widely used source of navigation, GNSS (commonly referred to as GPS), cannot deliver the precision, resilience, or security needed to support these industries.
Xona is at the forefront of making precise and resilient navigation available on a global scale to help the age of autonomy expand its reach to everyone who can stand to benefit. Our success is dependent upon building an agile and diverse team that is excited about building things that have a real-world impact. We are curious, passionate, innovative, and thrive in a collaborative environment. Experience with space-tech is not required, and even if you don’t meet many of the desired qualifications below we would still love to connect and receive an application from you!
Xona is looking for a Software Engineer specializing in testing to join our software team. As part of our software team, you’ll interface with cross functional teams to contribute towards ensure our payloads and software systems are fully tested and ready for deployment in space!
What You'll Do
- Create detailed, comprehensives, and well-structured modular test designs, test plans, and test cases from system requirements and concept of operations use cases
- Interface with hardware, software, and systems engineering teams to identify system interactions that must be considered for testing
- Design and build automated tests in a Linux environment
- Work hand-in-hand with the development team to support system integration, debugging, and hardware in the loop testing with flight software
Desired Qualifications (not all are expected)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or a relevant field
- Experience building and executing test plans to validate software for production release
- Proficient with Linux command line tools, utilities, system admin tools, and bash scripting
- Proficiency with Modern C++
- Familiarity with functional testing, system level testing, and oppositional testing
- Proven success in a fast-paced, cross-functional engineering team environment
- Familiarity with orbital mechanics, estimation theory, Kalman Filtering, and the Robot Operating System (ROS)
- All candidates must be either a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) due to U.S. export control regulations.
San Mateo, CA
Your application has been successfully submitted.