Prototype Technician / Fabricator
Who we are:
Terraline is creating the only clean-sheet, battery-electric heavy truck that is designed for any human or autonomous driver, and is capable of exceeding 500 miles of range. The Terraline team has decades of experience in the autonomous and electric vehicle industries, most notably the Tesla and Waymo Class 8 trucks. You will be working with a highly cross-functional team of systems, software, hardware and vehicle engineers, as well as an incredibly talented team of designers, technicians, and a wide range of other professionals.
Position: Prototype Technician / Fabricator
FLSA Classification: Hourly
Reports to: Engineering Lead
Supervisory responsibilities: None
As a Prototype Technician / Fabricator at Terraline, you will be responsible for building and delivering physical and functional systems or prototypes, that could range from small mechanical assemblies to showcase or test local functions to next generation powertrains and full vehicle builds. In this role you will support prototyping activities across all engineering disciplines and products at Terraline. As the team grows, you may be designated as a subject matter expert and will be asked to provide guidance to junior team members. The ideal candidate works well within a diverse team while also being able to operate independently and deliver projects on time and to specification. This candidate is able to solve complex problems by working up from the fundamentals to develop the best solution, regardless of what others are doing or have done. We can’t change the world by doing it the way everyone else has done it! Finally, you will need to be able to effectively communicate with our co-workers and partners in both technical and non-technical capacities.
Job Requirements - Essential Skills:
- Experience and proven track record in building large and complex prototypes e.g. vehicles, airplanes, ships, eVTOLs
- Experience with electric powertrains and propulsion systems
- Ability to convert ideas and sketches into working prototypes, big or small/one or many
- Wide range of expertise in electrical and mechanical fabrication
- Strong understanding of priorities, delivery timelines and how to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable with working in a fast paced and ambiguous environment
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot issues with prototypes or test equipment
- Work and communicate cross functionally to understand the problem space, to document the intended objectives and to provide status updates
- Familiarity with generic safety procedures and how to involved equipment safely
- Maintain and manage shop and prototype equipment in a neat and orderly fashion
At Terraline we celebrate a hands-on and flexible work philosophy, which we think is required to be necessary for our success. This implies that you might be asked to perform in different functions from time to time to ensure the team achieves the defined goals
- Managed suppliers for larger prototyping projects
- Recent Automotive or Trucking experience
- Experience in supporting test campaigns; local and in the field
- Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting jobs done
- Highschool Diploma; AS preferred
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Technical certification from accredited automotive training institution preferred
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a Fabricator/Technician in the mentioned fields above
- Commercial driver license is a plus
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance with an employer contribution
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-paid group term life insurance
- Employer-paid Short-term and Long-term disability insurances
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation
- Holidays following the Federal Holiday Schedule
We are all hands on deck at Terraline in our efforts to create exciting change within the trucking world. The ideal candidate will be both adventurous and versatile. Daily activities could range from a full day of designing components at your desk, to full days working in the shop building out huge Class 8 trucks, and everything in between. Each day will be an adventure and you should feel comfortable handling moderately sized components within your daily routine.
Subject to periodic travel requirements. Company-related travel expenses reimbursed per the company’s Travel and Expense Reimbursement policy.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Terraline Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Terraline Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let the recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.