Sr. Frontend Engineer, WebGL
We are changing the agricultural world with autonomy at Bear Flag Robotics. Our team is building a fleet of autonomous tractors and we’re looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer. We need support with the robotics software life cycle. From data modeling to designing scalable APIs to building UIs for mobile and tablets, and all the awesome challenges in between.
Bear Flag is still an early-stage company, so this is a great time to join a really dynamic and engaging team. It’s a chance to define your role as well, as we’ll be building a lot of these systems from the ground up.
We love T shaped team players, broad in many areas and deep in a few (But always willing to learn!). You like to improve systems as you discover things, and love to collaborate. Shapers and owners are welcome here. From designing delightfully immersive UIs to diving into UX interviews, you’d be responsible for owning feature development from UI visualization all the way to various database layers with an emphasis on security. We’re working in a hybrid cloud environment, so you’ll be working with systems in the next room, hardware in the field, and of course in AWS. Our full pipeline involves managing systems for data collection, storage management, and feeding into Machine Learning pipelines. Ideally, you have a growing passion for robotics (esp. within agriculture), working around mechanical systems, and seeing code perform real-world tasks.
- B.S./M.S in Computer Science or equivalent experienceExperience developing on AWS, IoT/edge computing platform experience is a plus along with building and maintaining test automation suites.
- You love UI/UX development and are well-versed in drafting prototypes to in turn compose frontend components that provide product value and delightful experiences for customers.
- An exceptional understanding of graphics programming is a must, combined with significant exposure to web-based technologies.
- They ask and you deliver - you love driving 2D and 3D representations of real-world data and its various forms.
- You’ve built frontend software architectures from scratch with a deep understanding of how to balance the tradeoffs that come with designing for various platforms.
- Expertise flows from your experience to ensure great performance is achieved with a focus on profiling various runtimes that power your users’ experience.
- Your talent will be applied to providing the most optimal rendering solutions as well as to precomputing necessary inputs, showing off your skills in the art of GPGPU.
- Testing - of all flavors: integration, end-to-end, and unit - is your modus operandi, you value ensuring the systems that you oversee are deterministic and reliable to a high degree.
- You think outside the box, and want to play a pivotal role in designing autonomous ag equipment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Tractor Fleets