JR Engineer RDD (Research, Development and Design) – NVH and Compliance Program.
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Title: JR Engineer RDD (Research, Development and Design) – NVH and Compliance Program.
Actasys is commercializing ActaJet, a unique sensor cleaning technology for the automotive and transportation industries. Actasys has several ongoing development programs with leading automotive and smart cities OEM’s, Tier-1’s and Tier-2’s. Actasys is a development stage company backed by leading industry venture capital investors, Volvo Cars Tech Fund and NextGear Ventures. Actasys is based in Brooklyn, NY USA and is located near the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
About the role:
We are looking for a design and testing engineer to join our sensors cleaning system development team. Your primary focus will be to road test adaptive cleaning systems that solve one of today’s main challenges in smart mobility – enabling Lidar, cameras, and other vision sensors to operate under harsh weather conditions.
As part of our highly multi-functional team, your specialty will be in Noise, Vibration and Harshness design for our sensor cleaning system.
- Review international standards to develop automotive grade products.
- Support product testing activities: Research testing sites, discuss with potential suppliers, receive quotes, optimize testing time and cost, manage samples inventory and deliveries etc.
- Support design and development of jigs and fixtures for product testing.
- Take ownership for testing activities and provide required guidance to suppliers.
- Apply NVH principles to improve vibro-acoustic performance of Actasys products.
- materials and concepts to mitigate airborne and structure borne noise from Actasys products.
- Convert concepts into manufacturable designs, optimized for cost and weight, that meet internal and customer NVH standards.
- Support development of internal bench testing to compare designs from NVH standpoint. Familiarity with data acquisition, instrumentation, microphones, accelerometers for modal testing, frequency response functions etc. preferred.
- Gather meaningful data, analyze and create presentations with key takeaways and plans for next steps.
- Some travel (domestic and international) may be required.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Experience:
- BS, MS, or PhD in mechanical or aerospace engineering.
- 2+ years of NVH development experience in electronic or automotive industry.
- Experience with acoustic and/or vibration data acquisition systems such as LMS etc.
- Experience with automotive testing.
- Proficiency with CAD.
- Proficiency with Arduino or similar hardware.
- Coding proficiency in Matlab or Python etc.
Actasys provides the opportunity to be involved in advanced, cutting edge technology and product development for innovations shaping major industries. We offer a dynamic work environment that relies on the professionalism, responsibility, and drive of our team members, and fosters a culture of cooperation, ethics, accountability and creativity. Our reputation rests on our integrity, capability, and credibility. Actasys provides comprehensive benefits and health insurance. We are an equal opportunity employer and support diversity and inclusion throughout our team.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Additional Compensation: Bonus eligible. Stock option eligible.
Actasys is an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.