JR Engineer RDD (Research, Development and Design) – Integration Design Program
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Title: JR Engineer RDD (Research, Development and Design) – Integration Design Program
Actasys is commercializing ActaJet, a unique sensor cleaning technology for the automotive and transportation industries. Actasys has several ongoing development programs with leading automotive and smart cities OEM’s, Tier-1’s and Tier-2’s. Actasys is a development stage company backed by leading industry venture capital investors, Volvo Cars Tech Fund and NextGear Ventures. Actasys is based in Brooklyn, NY USA and is located near the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
About the role:
We are looking for a design engineer to join our sensors cleaning system development team. Your primary focus will be to integrate adaptive cleaning systems that solve one of today’s main challenges in smart mobility – enabling Lidar, cameras, and other vision sensors to operate under harsh weather conditions.
As part of our highly multi-functional team, your specialty will be in integrating our sensor cleaning system on to vehicle and non-vehicle platforms.
- Collaborate with teammates, consultants, partners to develop advanced concepts for sensor cleaning systems.
- Own all areas of a design from concept, to supporting calculations, to CAD models, to maturation, to fabrication and supply chains
- Design and integrate multi-disciplinary components and assemblies
- Build working prototypes for lab and road tests.
- Some travel (domestic and international) required.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Experience:
- BS, MS, or PhD in engineering or a design related field.
- 2+ years of industry experience in a design related position.
- CAD proficiency.
- Experience designing complex parts and assemblies
- Experience with Mechatronics.
- Experience with designing automotive systems.
- Automotive industry experience.
- Proficiency with FEA simulations
- Proficiency with MATLAB, Arduino, and Python.
Actasys provides the opportunity to be involved in advanced, cutting edge technology and product development for innovations shaping major industries. We offer a dynamic work environment that relies on the professionalism, responsibility, and drive of our team members, and fosters a culture of cooperation, ethics, accountability and creativity. Our reputation rests on our integrity, capability, and credibility. Actasys provides comprehensive benefits and health insurance. We are an equal opportunity employer and support diversity and inclusion throughout our team.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Additional Compensation: Bonus eligible. Stock option eligible.
Actasys is an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.