Lead Electrical Engineer
The Lead Electrical Engineer will design high-performance, high-power electrical systems for a novel vehicle charging technology poised to transform the electric semi-trucking industry. The Lead Electrical Engineer will work as part of a small team of talented engineers developing critical enabling technologies, demonstrating breakthrough performance characteristics, and preparing the design for production. These contributions are foundational for Jaro’s growth as we work to address a $20B emerging market and a huge, unresolved source of climate emissions and urban pollution.
What you’ll do
- Develop, build, and test a novel, high-power, high-voltage electrical system that enables breakthrough product performance
- Build and execute against an engineering plan that manages technical risks and produces high-value deliverables on schedule
- Collaborate with mechanical and software engineers to ensure optimized system design
- Contribute to founding team engineering culture and Jaro organizational vision
What you’ll bring
- Have extensive experience designing and building high-power, high-voltage electrical systems (>400V, >100kW) including circuit architecture, system optimization, power electronics, industrial safety, and regulatory compliance.
- Have additional experience with embedded systems, industrial automation, or wireless communications.
- Have a track record of successfully deploying new electrical system designs in commercialized products
- Be capable of and excited about doing fabrication and assembly work when needed
- Think creatively and opportunistically to solve unusually hard problems efficiently
- Think clearly about technical risks and how to manage them
- Value diverse ideas, backgrounds, and problem-solving
- Communicate effectively to share learnings and make clear group decisions
- Thrive in a nimble, small-team environment with significant individual autonomy
Compensation and Benefits
Jaro provides generous compensation packages that are comprehensive, market-rate, and designed to support employees with families. We cover 100% of employee health insurance premiums and 75% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance. All employees are eligible for parental leave and have access to discretionary funds for personal self-care. Employees are also given a budget to support relevant environmental organizations. All employees are granted stock options with extended exercise windows and are encouraged to use vacation for rest and recharge. Finally, we are very transparent with our compensation offers to ensure that all employees are treated fairly and equitably.
About Jaro Fleet Technologies
Jaro Fleet Technologies exists to accelerate the widespread adoption of electric semi-trucks. This mission is incredibly important for both the future of the logistics industry as well as the health of our planet. Replacing a single diesel truck with an electric truck is equivalent to replacing 32 gasoline cars. Furthermore, semi-trucking fleets are capable of very fast adoption cycles (<2 years). As this industry takes off, approximately $90B in annual diesel sales will transition to the heavy-duty vehicle charging sector.
To serve this emerging market, Jaro is deploying a first-in-class charging solution that solves the specific needs of the semi-trucking fleets. This product and the services we wrap around it has the potential to be the critical enabling technology for the widespread, cost-effective deployment of electric semi-trucks in the US and beyond.
Our team consists of passionate, climate-dedicated professionals on a journey to make as much positive climate impact as they can. We draw upon experiences from numerous venture-backed startups, prominent electric vehicle companies, and EV charging companies. We emphasize diversity in our culture and growth plans, and have an excellent group of experienced VC firms supporting our company.
We believe how you build an organization affects the impact the organization has over time. In our work, we emphasize the importance of connectedness, fairness, diversity, and collaboration, and we built these values into our corporate governance structure. We believe these values and our shared desire to tackle climate will enable our team to do great work quickly.
Please visit jobs.lever.co/JaroFleets to explore a role in this journey to electrify semi-trucking.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to creating a fair, equitable working environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects diversity of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We exist to accelerate the adoption of electric semi trucks.