The Operations Lead is responsible for a large scope of activities to ensure organized, scalable company growth. These activities include typical business administration projects such as managing service providers as well as innovative, climate-focused projects such as organizing our Climate Community Advisory Board. Furthermore, the Ops Lead will support hiring efforts and develop our onboarding program to help us build a diverse, high-performing team. We are seeking an experienced, mission-oriented individual who enjoys the creative, important work of building the foundations of a new company and is excited to develop new business practices to integrate equality and fairness into our culture. This role is critical to support our company growth as we work to serve a major emerging market and one of the largest sources of carbon emissions and urban pollution.
What you'll do
- Tackle a wide variety of traditional ops projects including: track vendor and service providers; maintain business compliance including corporate insurance; manage business finances; organize and enrich data in our key software tools including our CRM (Pipedrive), ATS (Lever), and Google Drive; manage the transition to our new building (Q1 2022); manage the company website and create our community newsletter; organize team events including off-sites; and manage external grant consultants.
- Develop Jaro-specific business practices such as: manage unique employee perks such as self-care budgets and discretionary funds for supporting environmental groups; and coordinate our Climate Community Advisory Board of local environmental and justice leaders.
- Directly support CEO on hiring efforts, including managing our pipeline and contacting candidates.
- Build our employee onboarding program including tools, processes, and resources.
What you'll bring
- Have a track record of successful project execution in dynamic work environments.
- Have experience in start-up environments, ideally with hardware products.
- Have working knowledge of startup operational needs including compliance, teambuilding, and internal tools.
- Care deeply about the environment and how startups can support the broader Climate movement.
- Care deeply about company culture and the importance of the real, practiced values as a company grows.
- Communicate effectively to share learnings and make clear group decisions.
- Value diverse ideas, backgrounds, and problem solving styles.
Compensation and Benefits
Jaro provides generous compensation packages that are comprehensive, market-rate, and designed to support employees with families. We cover 100% of employee health insurance premiums and 75% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance. All employees are eligible for parental leave and have access to discretionary funds for personal self-care. Employees are also given a budget to support relevant environmental organizations. All employees are granted stock options with extended exercise windows and are encouraged to use vacation for rest and recharge. Finally, we are very transparent with our compensation offers to ensure that all employees are treated fairly and equitably.
About Jaro Fleet Technologies
Jaro Fleet Technologies exists to accelerate the widespread adoption of electric semi-trucks. This mission is incredibly important for both the future of the logistics industry as well as the health of our planet. Replacing a single diesel truck with an electric truck is equivalent to replacing 32 gasoline cars. Furthermore, semi-trucking fleets are capable of very fast adoption cycles (<2 years). As this industry takes off, approximately $90B in annual diesel sales will transition to the heavy-duty vehicle charging sector.
To serve this emerging market, Jaro is deploying a first-in-class charging solution that solves the specific needs of the semi-trucking fleets. This product and the services we wrap around it has the potential to be the critical enabling technology for the widespread, cost-effective deployment of electric semi-trucks in the US and beyond.
Our team consists of passionate, climate-dedicated professionals on a journey to make as much positive climate impact as they can. We draw upon experiences from numerous venture-backed startups, prominent electric vehicle companies, and EV charging companies. We emphasize diversity in our culture and growth plans, and have an excellent group of experienced VC firms supporting our company.
We believe how you build an organization affects the impact the organization has over time. In our work, we emphasize the importance of connectedness, fairness, diversity, and collaboration, and we built these values into our corporate governance structure. We believe these values and our shared desire to tackle climate will enable our team to do great work quickly.
Please visit jobs.lever.co/JaroFleets to explore a role in this journey to electrify semi-trucking.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to creating a fair, equitable working environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects diversity of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We exist to accelerate the adoption of electric semi trucks.