Head of Operations
At Zoomo, we're leading the charge in enabling our vision to transition every urban mile to light electric vehicles (LEV) that are accessible to build carbon-neutral cities. To that end, we are building the world’s most convenient, affordable, and safe e-bike platform.
In the short span since the founders went full time in 2019, Zoomo has raised over $30M from some of the world’s savviest investors and built world-leading utility e-bikes and a disruptive business model for their distribution and maintenance. We're a fast-growing start-up with a global footprint across Australia, France, United Kingdom, United States, and the Philippines, where we are now the trusted partner to some of the world's leading and most innovative companies like Uber, DoorDash, Domino’s, Pizza Hut, Wholefoods, Gorillas, Just Eat, Getir, and many more.
We're looking for an operations leader to help take our North American business to the next level. This role will drive strategy through execution across our toughest operational problems. We’re doubling our headcount every few months and are looking for a rockstar who can move at a fast pace and build world-class operations that scale.
This person will have the opportunity to scale our fleet operations, field operations, logistics, and safety teams.
In this role, you can expect to -
- Work closely with the Director of the US to design and execute winning operations strategies
- Hire, train, and manage world-class talent that will help build our legacy
- Scale our warehouse operations across the country and build the processes that enable us to do so
- Set global standards for our key operational metrics - fleet availability, labor/parts spend, customer and employee satisfaction, service throughput/productivity, etc.
- Lead safety initiatives and programs to ensure we continue to keep riders and employees safe at scale.
- Design a culture of performance that allows us to score goals and develop an employer-of-choice brand
- 5+ years of operations experience at a fast-growing company
- You have a track record of operational excellence everywhere you’ve been. Your previous employers would vouch that you’re consistently a top performer.
- You have recruited and managed top talent. They would describe you as a leader who sets a standard of excellence and gets the most out of your teams.
- Scoring goals is one of our values. You have a track record of tapping into your competitive nature to win - whether it’s during Settlers of Catan, on a tennis court, or during a trivia night.
- You have a bias toward action. You understand that once you’ve supported your hypothesis, real learning begins when you engage with the problem or opportunity directly.
- You have an insatiable curiosity. You get excited learning about topics that others might find boring and “Why?” is one of your most common phrases. You’re known as someone who picks things up quickly.
- You’re comfortable at any “altitude” - you take pride in everything you do. It doesn’t matter if it’s sitting in a workshop to learn how we can change tires faster or crushing a presentation for a global enterprise partner.
- You're no stranger to a fast-paced environment. You’ve worked at a company in scale mode before and wouldn’t want it any other way.
- Humility is something that comes naturally to you. You’re a born collaborator and you care about getting to the right answer more than who came up with it.
At Zoomo, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunities. We offer you the chance to be part of an organization in hyper-growth mode with plenty of opportunities for personal development, including:
- Competitive salary on offer, plus equity options.
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid remote/office work model.
- Tech Allowance for BYO device
- Monthly Wellbeing Allowance
- Complimentary E-bike *subject to availability
- The chance to be part of an organization in hyper-growth with plenty of opportunity for personal development
- The full support of an experienced management team in helping you meet your targets and your professional development goals
Zoomo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Even if you don’t think you tick all the boxes, but believe that you have the skills and capabilities to make an impact, we’d love to hear from you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Deliver the future