Vice President of Product
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Zoomo, our vision is to decarbonize the last mile delivery space. If you have used Gorillas or Getir delivery, chances are they came to you on Zoomo bikes!
Expect to join a fast-paced and supportive environment where opportunities are big and career development is important. Zoomers represent over 20 nationalities, with our just leadership coming from 8 different cultural backgrounds. You could be working with an ex-scuba instructor and master bakers on one day and an ex-professional basketball player and a raving enthusiast on another. If there is something different about you, you will fit right in.
Reporting to the CEO, you will play a key leadership role in determining business, portfolio, and product strategy, you will be responsible for crafting and managing product portfolio strategy, leading short and long-range planning for the business, and optimizing operational execution within the development, production, and commercialization arenas.
In this role, you will :
- own the products and the elements that compose them - both hardware (bikes) and software, covering every facet from strategy, to development; partnering with other parts of the business to ensure it’s delivered successfully to customers. Feedback and continuous usage of the product will feed your updates to the roadmap and will alert you to the success/performance of the products in the market.
- shape the Product strategy, with input from across the organization. Set the priorities by leading the product planning rhythms, with the goal of creating a clear focus on specific customer segments, the key problems, value propositions, and potential solutions.
- work cross-functionally to structure problems, develop hypotheses, conduct analyses to turn data into meaningful insights, and drive actionable recommendations/results through a rigorous, data-driven process
- partner with the sales, marketing, customer success, and expert services teams to identify and execute on new opportunities and feedback from the various stakeholders and users of the products
- manage individuals across the product arm, including recruiting, hiring, designing the organizational structure, setting objectives, and ensuring high performance of all members of staff in achieving company objectives. The product arm consists of product management, design, and product marketing. You will also be integral in either owning or co-partnering with hiring in the engineering domain.
- Own the product development lifecycle across both hardware (bikes) and software, ensuring high-quality effective delivery and exceptional positive customer experience
- 7+ years of experience including product strategy (ideally at a hardware company).
- Demonstrable success working on innovative/new initiatives from framing the problem, conducting analyses, building the business, and driving execution through to success.
- Strong leadership and communication skills – written and verbal -- comfort in business and technical discussions.
- Strong people development and influencing skills; able to build and drive extended and virtual teams.
- Strong problem-solving and financial skills to work on complex business issues with minimum supervision.
- Effective and mature communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfortable in business and technical discussions
- Effective at building relationships, collaborating, and influencing others; experience working with senior executives across various geographies and functions
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative fast-growing environment.
- MBA and Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or an equivalent field of study
- Sharp business judgment, ability to see the "big picture" and to prioritize
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Even if you don't think you tick all the boxes, but believe that you have the skills and capabilities to make an impact, we'd love to hear from you.
- Competitive salary on offer, plus equity options
- High visibility with our Founders
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid remote/office work model
- Tech Allowance for BYO device
- Monthly Wellbeing Allowance
- Monthly team outings & social events
- Complimentary E-bike* subject to availability
- Opportunity to work with and be mentored by the best
- Exponential personal development in a hyper-growth environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Deliver the future