This job is no longer accepting applications.
CARMERA is a spatial AI company, built on the revolution of vehicular crowdsourcing and remote sensing to capture street-level change at global breadth and high definition depth. Our mission is to deliver safe autonomy and mobility for all. We recently joined Woven Planet, the advanced mobility subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation, and look forward to the growth this will fuel.
To deliver on our mission, we need our maps to be updated constantly, near real time. In support of this, we need an experienced Product Manager to help lead CARMERA’s Regenerative Map.
NOTE: If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – please apply! Skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
- Work directly with engineers, operations and analysts to produce high quality HD map updates for our customers
- Take high-level customer/product goals, identify the requirements, integration points with other teams/customers, and shepard the work from planning through delivery
- Manage schedules, identify risks and clearly communicate them to stakeholders and executives
- Ensure continuity of geographically dispersed teams and stakeholders
- Dig deep into vector geospatial data automation pipelines, user facing applications/services, and messy raw data to derive value and simplify
- Balance competing factors (risk mitigation and issue resolution, dependency management, fastest vs best solution, ROI, etc)
To be considered for this role, a candidate should meet all of the following:
- Demonstrated experience leading teams on successful technology products
- Process oriented mindset and demonstrated ability to balance meticulous attention to detail with swift execution
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple products, customers, and engineering teams at one time
- Experience in communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated effectiveness in connecting business context and customer impact to engineering tasks
- Prior experience working directly with engineering teams
- Effective English communication skills
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following optional, but relevant experience:
- Experience with location data platforms or geospatial software such as ESRI, MapBox, and/or open source software systems
- Ability to read or speak Japanese or familiarity with Japanese (business) cultural norms
Benefits & Perks
- Attractive cash and equity compensation package
- No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan, free cell phone plans and more
- Currently we're all working remotely, but even before transitioning to WFH, we embraced flexible working norms and time-off
- Flex Perks (flexible funds for professional development, wellness, productivity or personal climate impact)
- Generous paid, parental leave (16 weeks for Primary Caregivers | 8 weeks for Secondary Caregivers)
- Telehealth benefits
- Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
- Work on groundbreaking civic challenges cutting across some of the most meaningful innovations of this era, including autonomy, smart cities, IoT, big data and AI
- Be a foundational part of an exceptional, close-knit team who have diverse backgrounds and embrace challenges that are hard but achievable
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to deliver safe autonomy and mobility for all.