Senior Backend Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Point One Navigation develops high precision navigation solutions for autonomous vehicles, drones, robots, and many more existing and emerging applications leveraging precise knowledge of location. We are actively deployed in several production programs already.
- Build highly available, scalable RESTful APIs for external and internal consumption.
- Build highly scalable, distributed systems efficiently using open source tools.
- Effectiveness as demonstrated by problem-solving skills in areas outside your expertise.
- Contribute to technical conversations and debates, and decide upon approaches and tools to utilize.
- Lead by example and share knowledge with the team.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing backend microservices (Golang, Java or Node.js)
- Experience with RDBMS systems (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience designing and documenting APIs
- Familiarity with the challenges of building large-scale distributed systems
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, distributed systems, concurrency, and threading.
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy.
- Methodical approach to unit and integration testing.
Nice to have
- Experience with distributed in-memory caching solutions (Redis)
- Experience building web applications (Angular, React)
- Experience with event-driven services (Kafka, Kinesis)
- Experience building services with gRPC
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The API for Precise Location