Engineering Manager 2, Driver
About the Role
Driver team builds the core platform that allows millions of earners around the world to make their living on Uber, and in turn powers all of Uber's consumer services.
In the Seattle Area, we are hiring for:
Building the industry's leading vehicle marketplace for earners and suppliers on the Uber Platform, enabling seamless access to vehicles for Earners world-wide.
You will own end to end enterprise solutions to enable suppliers around the world to manage & grow their business on Uber. You will be working on supplier management and marketplace platforms to support different types of suppliers, products and offers; payment platforms to power multi-party transactions between suppliers, uber and drivers; and external API ecosystem to enable seamless partner integrations. Furthermore, you would be driving efforts on reducing Uber's carbon emissions through a range of sustainability initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Craft the technical vision, strategy and roadmap in collaboration with Product, Operations, Data Science and other functions.
- Partner with tech teams across the company to drive alignment on goals and ensure strong execution against those goals.
- Invest in engineer growth to help them achieve their full potential. Mentor and support your team of backend and frontend engineers enabling them to deliver on team's goals.
- Build a team culture of iterative innovation, strong collaboration and engineering excellence.
- Attract and hire strong talent.
- 10+ years of total software development experience
- 2+ years leading teams of engineers across all levels.
- 2+ years of experience in a hands-on engineering or leadership capacity developing distributed systems.
- 2+ years leading teams of 10 or more engineers across all levels.
- Strong servant-leadership management style geared towards supporting, mentoring and growing engineers on the team
- Experience working in an agile engineering environment.
- Strong leadership skills but also deeply technical. You'll need to have a strong understanding of technical architecture, system design, and problem solving acumen on sophisticated technical challenges. Being able to actively code is a plus.
- A track record of delivering results in fast-paced and highly ambiguous environments
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.