AV Software Engineer (Middleware / OSBSP)
Job Description & Qualifications
Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation!
While others are taking a technology-first approach, Ford AV LLC is putting people first. We are building a self-driving business ecosystem that is purpose-designed from the outset. Ford’s AV strategy is different because we are designing, testing and operating an ecosystem today that is fit for the purpose of our AV business model in the future.
What you’ll be able to do:
As an OSBSP/Middleware Software Engineer for an embedded platform, you will have the outstanding opportunity to join a growing team passionate about re-defining the transportation experience, as we know it today. You will be challenged with developing innovative solutions which tackle difficult and ambiguous real-world issues.
- Work with Product Managers and architects to understand the requirements of the project and develop solutions that meet those requirements.
- See opportunities to increase the velocity of your efforts and the wider team.
- Participate in architectural and code reviews when vital
- Participate in the documentation efforts on high-level and low-level design documents to develop high-quality code as per project RASIC
- Participate to increase the Unit test coverage for the SW components developed for the project scope
- Adhere to Agile based SW development process and methods
- Support and contribute to Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery project initiatives when working on the project scope
- Participate in performance tuning and optimization on Middleware/OSBSP SW components by using Linux/Android-based SW tools
- Participate or contribute in technical design forum to address the technical debts in OSBSP functional group
- Participate in the vehicle testing to triage complex issues by using automotive SW tools like CANalyzer / CANoe / valueCAN
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 3+ years of board support packages software development experience on infotainment product/platform.
- 3+ years of C/C++ software development experience on embedded, infotainment platforms, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 2+ years of experience software development experience for Android
- 1+ years of experience with developing software leveraging Agile concepts such as SCRUM, SAFe, Kanban, etc.
Our preferred qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related
- 4+ years of C/C++ software development experience on embedded, infotainment platforms, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 3+ years of board support packages software development experience on device drivers, performance tuning for Android
- 2+ years of experience on Linux/Android tools usage
- 3+ years of experience software development experience for Android
- 1+ year of Java software development experience on embedded, infotainment platforms, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 2+ years of experience with developing software leveraging Agile concepts
- Familiar with eXtreme Programming (XP) practices including:
- Pair/Mob programming
- Test-first/Test Driven Development (TDD)
- In-depth knowledge of C/C++ language on Unix based systems and/or Java
- Proficiency with revision control including Git, Subversion, or equivalent
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, or equivalent
- 1+ years of Multi-site software project team experience
- Familiarity with GitHub or equivalent source control repositories and Build Tools
- Highly effective in working with other technical specialists, Product Managers, BSP Vendors and business partners
- Capable in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and pipelines such as Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and pipelines
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, or equivalent
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us!
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
Your application has been successfully submitted.