Software Engineer II - Back-End
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Founded in 2015, Smartcar is the leading developer platform for mobility businesses. We have raised $12 million in Seed and Series A funding from Andreessen Horowitz and NEA. All of our openings are remote within California.
From auto insurance to fleet management, businesses of all kinds use our APIs to verify vehicle mileage, issue digital car keys, manage EV charging, and track fleets. Our customers include the peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace Turo, the auto insurance provider Marshmallow, and the electric utility Green Mountain Energy to name a few.
By making it easy to connect to their customers’ vehicles, Smartcar allows these companies to focus on what’s important: building the future of mobility.
As a software engineer at Smartcar, you will have the opportunity to work directly on the development and maintenance of the Smartcar API, as well as influence the direction of the product by working closely with our Sales and Customer Success teams.
We'd love for you to join us.
- Expand the Smartcar API by building support for more capabilities across more vehicles
- Improve the Smartcar API by building and maintaining platform-wide features
- Triage bugs discovered by error tracking and performance monitoring software
- Thoroughly test features using automated and manual testing
- Collaborate with other engineers through code reviews, pair programming, and project planning sessions
- Contribute to the planning and setting of timelines for new projects
- Work cross-functionally to understand the scope and priority of features being built
Who You Are
- 2-4 years of experience building web applications and back-end systems
- Experience with command line tools (cat, grep, sed, etc.)
- Experience using modern back-end frameworks such as Express (Node.js), Ruby on Rails (Ruby), Spring (Java), or Django (Python)
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with SQL databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Ability to balance shipping features quickly with building them properly
- Bonus: Experience with AWS networking, IAM and databases, and infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Build and scale your mobility business 🚀