Innovation Product Manager
Perceptive Automata is looking for an Innovation Product Manager to accelerate our efforts to expand our product SOMAI (State of Mind AI) beyond its initial use case of helping robotaxis to drive better. This PM will represent the voice of the customer in those new areas, by deeply understanding their pain points, challenges and aspirations. This PM must be comfortable with all aspects of product management - from high-level product strategy to getting their hands dirty by supporting the organization and customers in any way necessary.
This will entail working at the intersection of product, marketing, engineering, data science, business development, and operations, with an ability to go deep on technically-complex products. Ultimately, you will be responsible for helping us to find product-market fit in these adjacent areas.
You will have a deep passion for the work you do and steer us towards our mission of bridging the gap between humans and machine intelligence to solve real-world problems using cutting-edge neuroscience and computer science.
- Explore customer needs in adjacent markets (e.g. warehouse robots, construction robots, sidewalk robots) and lead product development for identified use cases
- Lead product discovery by working with prospective users and customers to understand pain points and opportunities
- Develop a deep knowledge of both our users / customers and the various constraints of the business e.g. marketing, sales, finance, legal
- Collaborate closely with the development team to discover effective solutions, and then work together to quickly deliver those solutions to market
- Work with Applications team to develop internal and external tools for both ensuring the quality, and exploring the value, of our products
- Track industry trends and the competitive landscape
- 2-3 years of experience as a pre-PMF product manager that eventually found PMF
- Experience working in a fast-moving and sometimes uncertain environment (e.g. startups, dynamic tech company, corporate skunkworks) with technical / engineering teams
- Proven ability to coordinate teams on key cross-functional product initiatives in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints and laying out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Familiarity with machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Prior experience in automotive and/or autonomous vehicle fields
- Prior experience working with development teams on internal tools
- Some experience in or exposure to user research
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product teams.
- Year-End week-long shutdown, 3 weeks paid vacation & 11 holidays
- 100% Premium paid health insurance
- Monthly transit or parking benefit provided by Perceptive Automata
- Flexible WFH policies during COVID
- Flexible spending & dependent care accounts
- Health care reimbursement account (50% or more of your deductible covered by Perceptive Automata)
- Eye & dental insurance
- Flexible maternal & paternal leave
- Equity-based compensation
- Efficient 401K plan
Perceptive Automata is a machine learning and computer vision company started by Harvard and MIT scientists that is developing a novel approach to help make autonomous vehicles safer for others on (or near) the road. We are supported by top Silicon Valley investors and global car makers and are growing rapidly in response to increasing demand for this technology.
At Perceptive Automata, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes new team members with all experiences and perspectives. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Human Intuition for Machines