Data Platform Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you eager to see autonomous vehicles that can operate safely around pedestrians and other road users? So are we! At Perceptive Automata, we use our understanding of human behavior, computer vision, machine learning, and software engineering to build systems that help make AVs safer for everyone. Check out this video of our tech in action.
Perceptive’s data platform is the backbone of our engineering efforts. The storage, processing, and organization of diverse data (including video and other sensors, detected pedestrian tracks, ML training data, and more) provide a crucial foundation for a variety of teams that are working to put this technology into production. We’re looking for a talented engineer to help our data platform team scale up this critical infrastructure.
In this role, you will:
- Design and implement improvements to our platform and internal reporting to support the rapid increase in data volume and new machine learning efforts as we expand to work with new customers and tackle new verticals
- Have the opportunity to make a significant impact in a growing start-up and in an exciting field
- Collaborate with data scientists, machine learning engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure that our data processing and reporting is accurate and provides meaningful insights
- Work closely with team members during implementation of features
- Consistently undertake new challenges in order to expand your technical and non-technical skill sets
- Have frequent opportunities to learn from subject matter experts in a variety of domains
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years commercial software development using Python
- Solid software design skills with experience writing well-tested and scalable code
- Comfortable working with relational databases (we use PostgreSQL)
- Experience with data storage and processing using cloud platforms (we primarily use AWS)
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working at a startup is a plus - as prioritization and tradeoffs at startups (even a growing one) tend to be very different than those at a larger company
- Familiarity with one or more the following:
- Data visualization and reporting (e.g. Tableau, Plotly, AWS QuickSight, etc)
- Logging libraries and toolsets (e.g. Kibana, Loggly, Greylog, etc)
- Workflow orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Airflow, Nextflow, etc.)
- Containerization (e.g. Docker)
- NoSQL databases (e.g. DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience developing commercial machine learning data pipelines
- Year-End week-long shutdown, 3 weeks paid vacation & 11 holidays
- 100% Premium paid health insurance
- Monthly transit or parking benefit provided by Perceptive Automata
- Flexible WFH policies during COVID
- Flexible spending & dependent care accounts
- Health care reimbursement account (50% or more of your deductible covered by Perceptive Automata)
- Eye & dental insurance
- Flexible maternal & paternal leave
- Equity-based compensation
- Efficient 401K plan
Perceptive Automata is a machine learning and computer vision company started by Harvard and MIT scientists that is developing a novel approach to help make autonomous vehicles safer for others on (or near) the road. We are supported by top Silicon Valley investors and global car makers and are growing rapidly in response to increasing demand for this technology.
At Perceptive Automata, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes new team members with all experiences and perspectives. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Human Intuition for Machines