Senior Web Developer
Are you eager to see autonomous vehicles that can operate safely around pedestrians and other road users? So are we! At Perceptive Automata, we use our understanding of human behavior, computer vision, machine learning, and software engineering to build systems that help make AVs safer for everyone. Check out this video of our tech in action.
The App Team at Perceptive is responsible for a diverse suite of software applications including:
- a web-based framework for data labelling/annotation and running research experiments
- desktop applications for exploring, analyzing, and sanitizing video data
- tools for running autonomous vehicle and pedestrian behavior scenarios in simulation
Perceptive is a rapidly growing startup with a steadily growing volume of data coming through the pipeline used to train and validate our machine learning models. App Team software is used throughout that pipeline and serves a crucial role for the various teams working to put our technology into production. We are looking for an experienced full stack engineer to help develop, extend, and maintain our data annotation and experiment framework.
In this role, you will:
- Design, implement, test, and document software used by annotators to label our data, and internal team members to run research experiments.
- Coordinate with data scientists, machine learning engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure that the framework meets our continually evolving research requirements.
- Have the opportunity to contribute to a variety of software projects using a wide range of technologies, languages, and toolkits.
Strongly Preferred Skills:
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years industry experience in full stack development
- Experience architecting and designing full stack applications using solid OO principles
- Strong Python programming skills
- PostgreSQL or other relational databases using both raw SQL queries and ORM
- Strong communication skills -- both written and verbal
- Self-motivated, with excellent general problem-solving capabilities
- Web application performance profiling tools
- Automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium)
- AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, etc.)
- Year-End week-long shutdown, 3 weeks paid vacation & 11 holidays
- 100% Premium paid health insurance
- Monthly transit or parking benefit provided by Perceptive Automata
- Flexible WFH policies during COVID
- Flexible spending & dependent care accounts
- Health care reimbursement account (50% or more of your deductible covered by Perceptive Automata)
- Eye & dental insurance
- Flexible maternal & paternal leave
- Equity-based compensation
- Efficient 401K plan
Perceptive Automata is a machine learning and computer vision company started by Harvard and MIT scientists that is developing a novel approach to help make autonomous vehicles safer for others on (or near) the road. We are supported by top Silicon Valley investors and global car makers and are growing rapidly in response to increasing demand for this technology.
At Perceptive Automata, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes new team members with all experiences and perspectives. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Human Intuition for Machines