Functional Safety Engineer
Who We Are
Nuro exists to better everyday life through robotics. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About the Role
We are looking for a Functional Safety Engineer to drive the hazards analysis and functional safety requirements definition for our custom-built vehicle. Our ideal candidate is someone with strong knowledge of automotive functional safety (e.g. ISO 26262) and who is also super innovative and can think outside of the box to create and implement new safety standards for our novel application.
About the Work
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders to develop and implement a vehicle safety strategy, including both standard tools (e.g. hazard analysis, DFMEA, FMEDA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis, ISO 26262 guidelines) and novel techniques appropriate for our application
- Lead and support internal and external ISO 26262 efforts, understanding technical details well enough to generate documents and work products required by the ISO 26262 standard
- Perform detailed systems reliability analyses (FIT rates, probabilistic failure analysis, fault tolerance analysis, etc.)
- Write detailed safety requirements, including hardware and software requirements
- Drive completion of verification and validation activities, such as validation test plan
- Actively participate in product development, quality, and reliability conversations to ensure that functional safety is a key consideration in all decisions
- Support Safety Team in developing system-level requirements and safety strategy
- Significant knowledge of and industry experience with standard safety concepts, including but not limited to hazard analysis and risk assessment, DFMEA, FMEDA, fault tree analysis, and the full V model as applied to software components, hardware components, subsystems and overall system
- Expert knowledge of ISO 26262
- Familiarity with automotive mechanical and electrical system architectures
- Significant knowledge of systems engineering process, hardware and software design process
- Proven track record of translating and interpreting requirements from design to production
- Knowledge and execution of requirement management tools (e.g., JAMA, DOORS, Polarion)
- Knowledge and execution of review and release of functional safety content
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in engineering
- Master’s degree or PhD in a related engineering field
- Functional Safety Professional certification or similar
- Experience working with Autonomous Vehicles or other autonomous systems
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re on a mission to better everyday life through robotics.