Systems Engineer, Autonomy Hardware, Compute & Network
Who We Are
Nuro is a robotics start-up whose mission is to accelerate the benefits of robotics for everyday life. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About the Team
The Autonomy Hardware team within the Systems and Safety organization supports the components and systems it takes to make our Nuro robots move autonomously. This includes requirement definition, architecture refinement, verification of function, and validation of performance, as well as addressing safety and reliability concerns that arise when we have an autonomous robot operating on public roads. Systems engineers work at the intersection of hardware and software, with a deep expertise in both.
About the Role
As a Systems Engineer supporting Autonomy Hardware, you will work closely with the teams designing and building our next generation of technology to enable self-driving of our on-road bot. You will be hands-on with the development of hardware, firmware, and software; ensuring that the systems being built meet performance and safety requirements you define.
About Your Work
- Develop, document and communicate requirements for network and compute performance
- Understand and manage time synchronization protocols across the device network
- Own the verification and validation of the compute and network systems, with accompanying test execution and data analysis
- Support integration and development for the compute and network systems, across hardware and software teams
- Be able to explain how the health and function of the compute/network maps to on-road bot performance
- Degree candidate in Robotics, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in developing high-performance computing systems or time sensitive networks.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in at least 1 area:
- Network time synchronization protocols, including PPS and PTP architectures
- Deterministic computing architectures
- GPU performance and degradation
- Computer performance driven by software needs
- Strong ability to use the systems engineering process effectively in a fast-moving environment.
- Hands on, with ability to use data analysis and problem solving skills to solve problems the same day.
- Highly collaborative in nature, comfortable with a large number of stakeholders and an exceptional communicator.
- Ability to build, launch, and iterate quickly. You’ve experienced product development in all of its stages -- from requirements to scoping to launch to iteration. You are especially comfortable in the earlier stages of product development -- in getting from zero to one.
- Knack for making the right tradeoffs. You know when it makes sense to take the quick and dirty vs. the scalable approach. You can move fluently between the two.
- Experience at a startup company
- Experience with AV Sensors and Drive system sensors
- Experience with simulating systems ( Vehicle dynamics, Actuators, Power electronics)
- Experience with various communication protocols used in systems for embedded, robotics, automotive or similar industries. (Ethernet, CAN, BroadR-Reach, etc)
- Experience writing or generating software for vehicle development, diagnostic, and/or testing purposes
- Understanding of vehicle safety principles and experience with ISO 26262
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re on a mission to better everyday life through robotics.