Systems Engineer, Vehicle, Robot
Who We Are
Nuro is a robotics start-up whose mission is to accelerate the benefits of robotics for everyday life. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About The Team
The Systems Engineering team is responsible for the requirements, architecture, verification and validation of autonomous driving capabilities across engineering disciplines. This includes ensuring that safety constraints are met, which the Systems Engineering team accomplishes via requirement definition and system V&V. Systems Engineering works at the intersection of hardware and software with deep expertise in both.
About The Role
As a Vehicle Systems Engineer, you will closely work with the Robots team spanning Hardware(Mechanical and EE) and Software (Embedded and Infrastructure) to help build a Autonomous Ready Robotic Vehicle platform. You will be responsible for system and subsystem requirements, functional architecture, analysis and verification test plans for the Robot Platform focused on the Drive System.
About Your Work
- Develop, decompose, document and communicate requirements for vehicle platform functions.
- Support the design and development of actuator hardware systems and specifications.
- Generate and maintain the functional architecture of the vehicle platform and perform impact analysis. Influence the architecture in support of improving safety, robustness and capability.
- Perform and support system level analysis focused on meeting functionality, performance and failure identification.
- Work closely with the robots and systems team to develop test methodologies, test plans, and measure coverage.
- Support rapid prototyping and vehicle builds.
- Support safety initiatives for the vehicle platform.
- Support Robots team in managing suppliers and external partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree candidate in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Physics, or closely related field
- Experience in the automotive, commercial vehicle, powersports, aerospace or related industry
- Strong working knowledge and experience with at least one of the following: Brake Systems, Steering Systems, Propulsion Systems - Traction Motor, Thermal Systems, Power Distribution for LV and HV Systems, Actuators, ADAS Systems, Vehicle Control Unit
- Experience designing and developing hardware and software interfaces between systems
- Experience developing requirements and/or tests for complex systems
- Grounded in systems engineering methods and practices and experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- Strong modeling, analysis and problem solving skills ( FMEA, FTA )
- Familiarity with Functional Safety (ISO 26262)
- Highly collaborative in nature, comfortable with a large number of stakeholders and an exceptional communicator
- Experience with scripting in Python/Matlab
- Hands on - you are just as comfortable working on a vehicle as you are at an engineering workstation
- Ability to build, launch, and iterate quickly - you’ve experienced product development in all of its stages -- from requirements to scoping to launch to iteration and are especially comfortable in the earlier stages of product development -- in getting from zero to one.
- Knack for making the right tradeoffs - you know when it makes sense to take the quick and dirty vs. the scalable approach and can move fluently between the two.
- Experience at a startup company
- Experience with AV Sensors and Drive system sensors
- Experience with diagnostics
- Experience with simulating systems ( Vehicle dynamics, Actuators, Power electronics)
- Experience with various communication protocols used in systems for embedded, robotics, automotive or similar industries. (Ethernet, CAN, BroadR-Reach, etc)
- Experience writing or generating software for vehicle development, diagnostic, and/or testing purposes
- Experience building and testing prototype vehicles
- Understanding of vehicle safety principles and experience with ISO 26262
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re on a mission to better everyday life through robotics.