This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The mission for our Growth Platforms teams is to enable communications, incentives and paid marketing activities to be an extension of the Lyft product surface, delivering reliably great experiences and insane value for Lyft users. The team builds and maintains a number of core products and tools that enable Lyft to grow faster. In practice, that means we need to engage users with the right message, at the right time, via the right channel. Growth Platforms is comprised of five main pods, but this role will initially be focused on the following two areas:
- Communications Platform: covers all of Lyft’s communications channels including email, SMS, push notifications and in-app messaging in addition to our in-house messaging orchestration and audience management tool.
- Organic Growth Products: drives organic growth through inclusive, consistent and discoverable products for riders, drivers, and internal partners. This team intends to serve the tens of millions of new users whose needs aren't met by our native apps through building out our web platform.
Our team is heavily cross-functional as we sit at the intersection between Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Data Science and Machine Learning. As a key team member within Growth Platforms, you’ll own work streams, analyses, modeling, strategy, and business metrics that drive the growth of the communication ecosystem at scale. We are looking for analytical talent to provide insights and actionable recommendations that will drive impact.
- Manage a team of highly skilled analytics leads to deliver impact across the Growth Platforms organization
- Develop frameworks and deliver analyses to guide decision-making and ruthless prioritization across functions
- Uncover new areas of opportunity and leverage findings to scale our Communication channels and platform
- Collaborate with Data Science and Machine Learning Research to transform insights into applied models for optimal decision-making
- Manage, build and automate models and reporting to provide teams with actionable insights on deliverability, engagement, and business impact
- Present findings, recommendations, and results to senior leadership and cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience leading a team of analysts
- Experience in leading high visibility projects and influencing others in a cross-functional team environment
- Experience in communicating with and presenting to senior leaders
- 6+ years experience in management consulting, strategic data science/analytics roles in a technology company, or an equivalent analytical role in a high growth startup
- Experience with communications or marketing metrics is a plus
- MBA a plus
- Ability to independently break down large datasets and synthesize inputs from multiple sources
- Ability to craft a compelling story and concisely present recommendations across teams and levels including both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage, influence, negotiate, and inspire others in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
- Balance between effective people management and the desire to roll up your sleeves and execute
- Ability to use data visualization tools to provide actionable insights and reusable frameworks
- Strong product and user experience sense
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Team leadership that inspires high performance while supporting and coaching team members
- Understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Proficiency in SQL; Python a plus
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Your application has been successfully submitted.