Senior Electrical Engineer
Spin’s mission is to make daily living more efficient and enjoyable by reducing barriers to transportation and improving access to education, jobs, healthcare and more through a world full of 15-minute cities. As one of the leading micromobility companies and a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, Spin partners with local communities and governments to bring sustainable, affordable and reliable e-scooter and e-bike programs to cities in North America and Europe. We are a diverse group of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, tech and policy experts from around the world. We believe in inclusivity and building powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and purpose which is to give more people the freedom to move. Learn more www.spin.app
About the Role
We are looking for a senior electrical engineer to help us make the best possible micromobility vehicles. You will define requirements and design PCBAs of our vehicles. Our vehicles get very well used, you will need to figure out how to test these new designs the same way they get used on the streets and then work with other engineers to make them bulletproof. Come up with ideas for making the vehicles better and then make them a reality!
- Select and design circuit topology, components and circuit board layout.
- Create and manage PCBA Bills of Material.
- Perform Verification and Validation testing as required to release new designs to production.
- Ability to generate requirements and work cross functionally with mechanical, thermal, reliability and manufacturing engineers.
- Lead test plan development, issue resolution, and lab and in-vehicle testing.
- Learn, analyze and work with new technologies.
- Break down complex issues and collaborate across multi-functional teams to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the manufacturing team to develop mass production processes.
- Connect with internal partners and suppliers and vendors throughout whole product lifecycle.
- Complete designs using your full understanding of Design for Manufacture, Test, and Assembly (DFx) principles and practices for system design, cable harness design and routing, printed circuit board design including PCBA layout, design assembly and testing.
- Develop with CMs test methods, test equipment, firmware and test fixtures to fully test PCBA and electrical sub-systems during manufacturing.
- Work with multiple teams to develop risks and hazards analysis including development of FMEA documents to identify risks, hazards, failure modes and mitigation strategies.
- Project planning and tracking, including synchronization with vendors overseas.
- Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering, Physics or similar field or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of proven experience designing electronic systems.
- Solid understanding of electrical engineering fundamentals.
- Experience designing boards with SOCs/ASICs with knowledge of EMI, signal integrity, and power.
- Experience in PCB design, schematic capture and layout.
- Flexible PCB design experienced a plus.
- Experience in embedded SW and its implementation.
- Solid background in power electronics and embedded control systems.
- Knowledge of standard interfaces (USB, SPI, I2C, PCIe, CAN, etc).
- Knowledge of high volume consumer electronics design and manufacturing.
- Project management, time management, planning and organization skills.
- Experience with working in electronics lab environments and equipment.
- Track record of designs that have been successfully launched into the consumer market.
- Experience with Altium and layout skills a plus.
- Must be well organized and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Some travel may be required.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness, Home Office & Internet perk for salaried roles
- Discount on Ford automobiles
- Discount on Avis car rentals
- A monthly Mental Health Day-Off for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.