Government Partnerships Manager - US East
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Spin’s mission is to make daily living more efficient and enjoyable by reducing barriers to transportation and improving access to education, jobs, healthcare and more through a world full of 15-minute cities. As one of the leading micromobility companies and a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, Spin partners with local communities and governments to bring sustainable, affordable and reliable e-scooter and e-bike programs to cities in North America and Europe. We are a diverse group of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, tech and policy experts from around the world. We believe in inclusivity and building powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and purpose which is to give more people the freedom to move. Learn more www.spin.app
About the Role
You will generate and cultivate relationships with cities to build and retain opportunities for Spin to operate shared micromobility programs. You will monitor and inform cities on policies that support micromobility. You will work cross-functionally with other teams like Operations, Community Partnerships, and Policy to accomplish these objectives.
- Expand our services to new cities in your region
- Communicate the benefits of micromobility to elected officials, appointed officials, and other relevant parties
- Build new business leads and convert inbound inquiries into opportunities
- Attend City Council or Commission meetings to testify in support of preferred micromobility policies
- Building strong rapport with clients to drive long-term relationships, including city staff, and elected officials
- Travel up to 50% of the time
- Lobby for regulations that are sensible and benefit Spin’s operations
- Transfer knowledge to Spin’s Operations team to ensure compliance with local regulations
- Track your region's progress in our CRM platform
- Develop content for presentations, correspondence, and testimony
- This person will focus on the Southeastern United States including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and Louisiana. Preferred remote locations are Atlanta, Georgia, or Miami, Florida
- 8+ years of experience in Urban Planning, Business Development, Government Relations in a relevant industry (tech, transportation, government, education, and/or sustainability)
- Strong proposal writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding and design skills in Google products and Microsoft Suite
- Experience lobbying for public policies regarding emerging technologies in highly competitive and regulated markets.
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience navigating government bureaucracies
- Experience in public speaking, especially in front of elected officials - for example, giving public comment at a City Council meeting
- Thorough attention to detail when analyzing regulatory policies, ordinances, and bills
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness, Home Office & Internet perk for salaried roles
- Discount on Ford automobiles
- Discount on Avis car rentals
- A monthly Mental Health Day-Off for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.