Spin’s mission is to make daily living more efficient and enjoyable by reducing barriers to transportation and improving access to education, jobs, healthcare and more through a world full of 15-minute cities. As one of the leading micromobility companies and a2 wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, Spin partners with local communities and governments to bring sustainable, affordable and reliable e-scooter and e-bike programs to cities in North America and Europe. We are a diverse group of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, tech and policy experts from around the world. We believe in inclusivity and building powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and purpose which is to give more people the freedom to move. Learn more www.spin.app
About the Role
Spin is seeking an outstanding, analytically-minded GIS specialist to join our fast-growing, fast-paced team. The position will work cross-functionally throughout the company -- to use data, maps and other visualizations to help us launch and scale markets, make the case for safer and more livable streets, and tell a great story around what Spin brings to cities. The ideal candidate is a passionate urbanist with strong quantitative and programming skills, with experience working on practical urban planning or transportation applications. Experience working with European datasets is a plus.
- Provide analytical and mapping support for key strategic and tactical needs around city proposals, launching and scaling markets. This work might include:
- Sourcing, analyzing and visualizing data that demonstrate the success of Spin’s e-scooter service at meeting key objectives of our city partners, including goals around equity, right of way management, safety, and multi-modal connectivity.
- Developing scooter deployment strategies using diverse geospatial data and ridership trends.
- Analyzing ridership data to inform operational improvements in select markets.
- Understanding the impact of mandated scooter deployment policies on revenue potential.
- Creating, Editing, and Implementing spatial features into Spin’s mobile application through coordination with Spin’s Product and Operations teams.
- Acting as liaison between different teams to ensure our strategic scooter deployment strategy is data-driven and well communicated.
- Assisting the Government Partnerships team with packaging data and visualizations into proposals and permit applications.
- Degree in GIS, Computer Science, Geography, Civil Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years experience of relevant professional experience sourcing, analyzing and visualizing large urban and transportation datasets.
- High proficiency in Geographic Information System (GIS) especially but not limited to ESRI products, i.e. ArcMap, ArcGIS online, Pro, geo database design and creation.
- Possesses an understanding of spatial analysis, data modeling, and database design.
- Advanced knowledge of open geospatial data environments, including file extensions like .geojson, .osm, .kml, WKT, among other industry
- Demonstrated responsibility for consistency of data in multi-national GIS environments.
- High proficiency in developing, assembling, editing and revising maps and map products using GIS cartographic concepts, principles and processes for various groups throughout the organization.
- Passionate about improving the experience of transportation in cities.
- Background in urban or transportation planning.
- Engineering experience with setting up pipelines to a variety of public and private datasets, and cleansing these for effective analysis.
- Work experience in transportation organizations with fast-paced operational demands.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- Proficiency in R/Python, SQL and/or Model Builder experience is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.