Software Engineer | Embedded Systems
Zitara's software spans cutting edge battery science, high performance data infrastructure, complex modeling and learning systems, and safety critical onboard firmware. We're looking for an embedded systems software engineer who can work in a broad, multidisciplinary environment.
In this role, you'll be expected to work across technical areas comfortably and learn quickly from team members. You can expect Zitara to provide you opportunities to grow your technical breadth as well as mentor colleagues across functions.
- Understand complex problems across multiple disciplines and apply software engineering methodology to attack them
- Architect software to robustly manage complex technical product challenges
- Work with project management to scope and schedule work
- Work with product management to ensure features meet customer needs
- Write robust, tested code
- Help develop engineering process
- Contribute to design, code, and customer facing documentation
- Bachelors' in CS, or EE, or similar field
- 3+ years experience in industry software development in systems level C
- Experience shipping an embedded product to customers
- Basic software development workflow processes with git
- Experience with project management and agile development
- Clear and effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Creative problem solving with limited resources and engineering constraints
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Experience in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, chemistry, or physics
- Working knowledge of control systems (eg PID control or state estimation)
- Data analysis or statistical computing with Pandas or similar tools
About Zitara Technologies, Inc.
In order to keep climate change to 1.5°C, we’ll need 30% of global GDP (all of energy generation and transportation) to run on batteries by 2035.
Zitara Technologies (YCombinator S20) builds predictive battery management software for transportation and energy customers with large deployments. Their customers operate >$100M deployments of batteries in satellites, EVs, and renewable energy storage installations.
Real-Time Fleet Management Platform Designed to Improve Lithium Battery Safety and Longevity