Composite Trim Apprentice - 2nd shift
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our 2nd shift team as a Composite Trim Apprentice. In this role, we will provide comprehensive training to develop your skills in composite trimming and finishing techniques. As an apprentice, you will learn to trim and finish composite parts to meet specified requirements and quality standards. Your dedication to learning and attention to detail will play a crucial role in ensuring the final appearance and fit of the composite components.
- Learn to trim excess material from composite parts using various tools such as routers, sanders, and saws under the guidance of experienced trimmers.
- Follow engineering drawings and specifications to achieve precise dimensions and contours, with hands-on training provided by our skilled team.
- Assist in surface preparation and finishing tasks, including sanding, buffing, and polishing, while learning the techniques and best practices.
- Participate in quality inspections to identify any defects, imperfections, or irregularities in the trimmed parts, working alongside experienced trimmers to understand the standards.
- Collaborate with the production team to meet production schedules and maintain workflow efficiency, receiving mentorship and guidance throughout the process.
- Able to lift assemblies weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Work schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, 4:30pm-1:00am
- Able to become certified to wear a respirator.
- Perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Maintain a work area in a neat, orderly, and organized manner.
- Have no known allergies to epoxies or other composites materials.
The target base pay for this position is $19.80/hour. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing