Senior Software Verification Engineer- Operations
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Aviation Software requires comprehensive testing to ensure safety and to meet flight certification standards. Help Joby Aviation achieve software certification by testing the Embedded C/C++ code that controls vehicle flight and system monitoring. In this role you will work with a range of software, processor in the loop, and hardware in the loop simulators representative of the eVTOL system. Design, execute and maintain test cases, test reports, and supporting documentation for software certification and validation purposes. Become the Software Verification product expert on flight-critical software components and own the testing process. Additionally, you will use automated UI testing tools to automate testing of the system’s ground control software. Candidate should be an energetic, meticulous, self-motivated person with an adamant belief in the importance of product quality. If you love working with new technology, and have passion for innovation and safety, this is the job for you.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering and 5+ years Industry Experience in Quality Assurance or Test Engineering. An advanced degree and 3+ years of relevant experience or the equivalent demonstratable real-world experience will also be considered.
- Extensive background in Software Test and Verification on embedded systems.
- Interfacing with embedded software and electronic hardware.
- Python programming and shell scripting proficiency.
- Development, execution, and reporting of manual test cases.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Reporting of defects and quality metrics.
- Project management, bug tracking and continuous integration tools, e.g JIRA, Jenkins, Team City.
- Must be able to support on-site testing (Santa Cruz, Marina, and/or southern Monterey County).
- Flexible schedule.
- DO-178C Software Certification experience.
- Agile software development and Test Driven Development.
- Robotics Project(s) and/or Drone experience.
- Piloting aircraft, avionics hardware, electric cars or similar systems.
- Networking fundamentals.
- Hands-on skills to design, build, bring up and debug test benches
Please still apply if you don’t meet all items in the desired section! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse and effective workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $110,700-$163,000. The compensation package offered will be determined by location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing