Composite Manufacturing Engineer-CPD/Fiberism
Joby Aviation is searching for a manufacturing engineer with experience in composite part design for aerospace composite fabrication and assembly processes. Individual must have a strong technical background in certified aircraft manufacturing. This person should be well versed in all aspects of creating manufacturing definitions for composite parts.
- Develop CP/Fibersim definitions, producibility assessments, and 2D engineering specifications for composite parts (including plybooks & lamination drawings).
- Support creation and review of manufacturing plans to ensure alignment with design requirements and company processes.
- Participate in the review, approval, and release process of engineering part definitions.
- Provide continuous support for components throughout their complete lifecycle, from prototype development to final acceptance, and handle modifications and repairs post-installation.
- Formulate Joby standards for the manufacturing, repair, and assembly of composite parts, adhering to industry norms and best practices.
- Exercise engineering judgment to assess manufacturing challenges and effectively address non-conformance reports (NCRs) and implement corrective /preventive actions (CAs).
- Author and develop test plans for FAA certification, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Execute test plans, capturing essential data to validate performance and generate reports based on test outcomes.
- Design shop aids and tooling to assist production.
- 2+ years of related experience as a manufacturing engineer in relevant industry
- B.S. in engineering OR 6+ years in a comparable role
- Experience with Composite Part Design (CPD), or Fibersim, and Generative Shape Design (GSD), and Part Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems.
- Experience in composite manufacturing processes: hand layup lamination, AFP, autoclave operation, hot press, assembly processes, etc.
- Experience reviewing engineering drawings and using GD&T
- Experience working with Catia V5 or Catia V6, and Enovia.
- Experience with laser projection systems (Virtek or Aligned Vision).
- Experience with composite cutting tables (Gerber, Zund, Eastman, etc).
- Experience in prototype manufacturing in a professional environment
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $69,700-$112,400/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing