Manufacturing IT Lead
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate IT manufacturing lead to join our IT team with a focus on driving manufacturing IT improvements to our existing capabilities while developing an overall IT strategy in support of our growth initiatives. The candidate will support the Joby aircraft overall manufacturing scale-up through the implementation of key technologies and solutions that drive product, throughput, and quality requirements. This individual must be highly organized and self-driven while possessing a deep understanding of aviation related Manufacturing IT capabilities and solutions that support business processes for mechanical design, manufacturability, and quality control. This position is exciting and rewarding, as the IT lead will see their efforts grow from concept to creation due to the fast pace of Joby Aviation.
- Drive IT capabilities that support manufacturing processes and equipment that enable prototype and production builds
- Partner with Manufacturing business leads to enable new processes to be seamlessly implemented in an agile development environment
- Collaborate closely with Engineering IT and Design teams to ensure new designs are manufactured efficiently
- Work closely with other IT teams to drive synergies between the MFG IT team and other technical teams
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant IT manufacturing work experience
- Progressive leadership roles, managing large teams
- Have strong listening and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and teamwork skills while working with cross-functional teams
- Experience in Aviation related manufacturing environment
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $131,300-$212,700/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing