Production Planning and Material Flow Lead
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Our Production Planning and Material Flow Lead team is increasing in both size and complexity. We are looking for a dynamic leader to help grow and mature the team enabling the transition from pilot to volume production. This unique role will manage the day-to-day tactical production planning, scheduling, flow of materials, and monitoring to achieve goals and objectives for delivery dates, output quality, volume, cost, and optimization. Additionally, this role will oversee scheduling and the development of methods to allocate and control resources and materials effectively. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets/forecasts. The position has full authority for personnel actions.
- Oversee all aspects of Production Control including Build Planning and Materials Management
- Coordinate with Executive Leadership, Program Management, Quality, and Supply Chain to establish aggressive but achievable production targets
- Creation of detailed production schedules and reporting progress against those schedules
- Experience with drawings and BOMs; Assembly Instructions; Engineering, Supply Chain best practices, Change systems and AS9100 Quality systems
- New facility set up, i.e. plant layout, floor layouts, space allocation
- Lead staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs, including career plans and scoping daily work objectives
- Recommend improvements to production technology and processes
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop effective planning methodologies and best practices
Qualified applicants must have willingness to continuously improve efficiency and productivity, willingness to work in a fast-paced work environment and possess a positive team-oriented attitude and a desire to accomplish the impossible!
- 18+ Years Manufacturing with emphasis on Planning and Materials Management
- 15+ Managing Large Cross Functional Teams
- B.S or higher in related fields
- ERP/MRP systems and MES systems experience
- Strong experience with MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in aircraft manufacturing processes, specifications, and quality requirements, preferred
- Experience with FAA Conformity Requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skill
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $157,500 - $228,200/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing