Autoclave Operator Apprentice
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team as an Autoclave Operator Apprentice. In this role, we will provide comprehensive training to develop your skills in operating and monitoring autoclave equipment used in the curing of composite materials. As an apprentice you will learn the proper techniques for loading and unloading parts, setting up and adjusting process parameters and closely monitoring the autoclave throughout the curing cycle.
- High attention to detail and ability to follow instructions.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to understand equipment operation.
- Strong problem-solving skills to address any equipment or process deviations.
- Basic understanding of composite materials and curing processes (training provided).
- Effective communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to safety and quality standards.
- Willingness to learn and develop skills in autoclave operation.
- Able to lift assemblies weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Able to become certified to wear a respirator.
- Perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Maintain work area in a neat, orderly, and organized manner.
- Have no known allergies to epoxies or other composites materials.
The target base pay for this position is $18/hour. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Electric Aerial Ridesharing