Tool Design Engineer
Joby Aviation is searching for a tool design engineer with experience designing tools and equipment for large carbon fiber parts and assemblies for aircraft production. This person should be well versed in all aspects of the tool design process from concept sketches to implementing tools on the production floor.
- Design, develop, and implement manufacturing aids and equipment such as jigs, fixtures, molds, etc.
- Help develop Joby’s tool design standards
- Produce easy to follow prints and shop floor drawings
- Coordinate and support tooling activities across a wide range of departments including airframe design, structural analysis, planning, vendors & suppliers, manufacturing, production, quality assurance, testing and tool fabrication
- BS in related study and/or 8 years of experience
- 1+ years of related experience as a tool design engineer or mechanical engineer in aerospace or automotive industry
- Experience working with 3D CAD Software (CATIA, NX, or Solidworks)
- Familiar with GD&T and common drafting practices in compliance with ASME Y14.5 & Y14.100
- Experience in composite manufacturing processes: manual layup, AFP, autoclave operation, hot press, assembly processes, etc.
- Experience in prototype manufacturing in a professional environment
- Excellent verbal communication with internal departments and external vendors
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $77,300-$126,700/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Electric Aerial Ridesharing