Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate individual to join our manufacturing team. This individual will participate in several aspects of machine operation. Collaborating with CNC programmers, you will be contributing to the entire process of CNC parts trimming and tooling operations. Hands-on experience and a “get it done" attitude are very important. This position will have direct mentifull results affecting the production of aircraft on a daily basis at Joby Aviation.
- Program, set up, and operate 3 and or 5 axis CNC machines to create tooling or complex carbon aircraft components
- Determine the best setup, machining strategy, order of operations, tool selection, speed/feed parameters for each project
- Identify, select, and organize appropriate tooling for projects based on part material, geometry, features, tolerances, and system capability
- Collaborate with team members to develop a standardized process for machining, work holding, and set-up to increased efficiency and productivity
- Collaborate with engineers, metrology technicians, and programmers to improve the design and manufacturability of tools and components
- Organize and manage multiple machining projects with a high degree of efficiency
- Lead the continuous improvement of a well organized and safe environment for all workspaces
- 2+ years of Machining experience
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Ability to learn quickly and eagerness to challenge yourself
- Flexibility to work in a fast-growing environment with aggressive timelines
- Self-motivated team player with attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Willingness to do a variety of tasks to get the job done, including set-up, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of machines
- Ability to lift 50lbs unaided
- Experience in 5-Axis machining and programming
- Experience in a high volume production environment that relies on a well-defined process to achieve maximum efficiency
- Familiarity with Fagor controllers.
- Experience with Dassault Systemes Catia
- Proficiency in Delmia 5-axis programming
- Experience with composite tooling
- Aircraft homebuilding or rapid prototyping experience is a plus
- Experience with composite parts trimming
- Familiarity with CMS routers and Fanuc controllers
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $37-$42/hour. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Electric Aerial Ridesharing