Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion on the ground, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate individual to join our manufacturing team. This individual will participate in several aspects of machine operation. Collaborating with CNC programmers, you will be contributing to the entire process of CNC operation. Hands-on experience and a “get it done" attitude are very important. This position is rewarding, as the team members will promptly see their work integrated into the production process due to the fast pace of Joby Aviation.
- Set up, and operate 3 and 5 axis CNC milling to create large-scale, complex aircraft components, from rough stock to finished part
- Provide feedback to team members on setup, machining strategy, order of operations, tool selection, speed/feed parameters
- Assist team members to identify, select, procure, and organize appropriate tooling based on part material, geometry, features, tolerances, and system capability
- Assist team members with developing best practices for the machining process focused on increased efficiency and productivity
- Organize and manage multiple responsibilities with a high degree of efficiency
- Cutting, gluing, and clamping material stock
- Installing hardware on finished tooling
- Establish and continuously improve a well organized and safe environment for all workspaces
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all CNC machines and related equipment
- Do a variety of supporting tasks that are needed to get the job done
- 1+ years of machining experience or relevant coursework
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to adapt to change in priorities or responsibilities depending on what is required
- Ability to learn quickly and eagerness to challenge yourself
- Flexibility to work in a fast-growing environment with aggressive timelines
- Self-motivated team player
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with power tools, ie. table saw, band saw, miter saw
- Ability to lift 50lbs unaided
- Experience with large format, "gantry" style 5-axis CNC machines
- Familiarity with Fanuc controllers
- Knowledge of NC coding commands
- Experience with composite part trimming
- Experience in a high volume production environment that relies on a well-defined process
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $26-$35/hour. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Electric Aerial Ridesharing