Project Manager, Manufacturing Plan Development
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Working as a Project Manager, you will be responsible for creating, updating and coordinating project schedules in support of setting up a new production operation. Creates resource usage models and predictions. Works closely with team leaders to build, evaluate and optimize project schedules for the production assembly line buildout.
- Organize, implement and maintain scheduling management systems supporting identified projects and their plans with direct supervision from team leads for the assembly line
- Assist to set up tasks and sub tasks to ensure satisfactory realization of project contract requirements as scheduled
- Log project time-lines and maintain a database of tasks and its status
- Log all new information into the database and provide scheduled reports for contract coordination and reporting purposes
- Interact with internal and external customer and project staff to schedule work and coordinate assignments
- Interact with project team and task managers to define scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas
- Analyze critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around
- Develop and update weekly short interval schedules working with team leads
- Suggest management of risks affecting project profit, costs, schedules and client relations
- Support project management team to maintain timely and effective change management processes, procedures and systems
- Assist project team to develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management informed on project progress
- Create and achieve consensus on top 10 issue list and mitigation actions, owners and timing. Visualize status of these actions at periodic status reports.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules
- 5+ years experience working in project management within a manufacturing operation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills and strong team player.
- Detail oriented independent worker.
- Strong experience with project management tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred
- Aerospace experience a plus
- General working knowledge of complex manufacturing
- Expert level user of MS Project including creation of macros
- General working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP)
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $74,500 - $165,600/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing