Structures Design Engineer
Who We Are
JetZero is a startup founded to create the next generation of jets and accelerate the pathway to zero carbon emissions. JetZero's leadership are veterans of the aerospace, aviation, and transportation sectors. We are currently working with NASA and industry partners to achieve our mission.
JetZero is in growth mode. As the Structures Design Engineer, you will be responsible for planning and execution of the aircraft structure development plan.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and develop aircraft structures using Model Based Definition (MBD) principles and tools.
- Establish and maintain the Digital Thread, ensuring the accuracy and consistency of product data throughout the product lifecycle.
- Generate, review, and/or approve:
- Engineering drawings and design specifications
- Structural test plans and reports
- Compliance documentation
- Design engineering processes and manuals
- Conduct multi-disciplinary design reviews internally and with suppliers throughout the phases of development
- Design and coordinate the build of Building Block test articles to test
- Conduct trade studies and test programs as necessary to validate that structures architectures meet all requirements
- Work with various company departments to ensure integrated structures designs meet all system and aircraft-level requirements.
- Define and drive KPI attainment for structures team
- Work with technical experts to build and execute product development schedule, ensuring that all program and system level milestones are attained
- Execute on available budget by resource planning and hiring for internal headcount, managing R&D expenses, and approving invoices
- Work directly with nominated Suppliers in ensuring key deliverables/milestones are met
- Coordinate with requirements team to ensure completeness and accuracy for all composites system and interfacing requirements and risks
- Continuously monitor and measure project processes and activities to identify and communicate potential inhibitors and implement efficiency improvements
- Ensure revision control for requirements, design documentation and product configuration
- Lead collaboration of cross-functional teams to ensure alignment through execution of successful governance
- Refine structures design validation plan with the support of expert team
- Support with planning and alignment meetings towards FAA certification
- Travel 25% of time expected for this role
Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited university, and minimum of 5 years of experience with related software tools such as Siemens NX and FiberSim is preferred.
Who You Are
You are passionate about accelerating the future of aerospace and crave the opportunity to join a team of like-minded individuals. You have energy to meet the challenge ahead and are ready to describe your expertise and the unique value you would bring to the team.
- Competitive salaries
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical & Dental health insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Supportive work culture
JetZero does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.