Senior Integration Technician, Controls and Drive by Wire
Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
As a Senior or Staff Integration Engineer (Mechanical) in our Drive-by-wire team you will be responsible for building and bringing up our prototype vehicles while establishing the processes needed to do this at a production scale. You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team delivering high quality vehicle builds following best engineering practices & standards. Your area of expertise is the mechanical integration, fabrication and assembly of mechatronic systems. You love getting hands-on to apply your engineering knowledge and you are extremely comfortable with hand-tools and rapid prototyping fabrication.
This role is onsite 4 days a week at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you'll do:
- Build and bring-up prototype vehicles following best engineering practices & standards.
- Closely work with hardware and software teams to complete the initial networking setup, software installation and sensor calibration.
- Provide build documentation to hand off the assembly to larger scale vehicle manufacturing.
- Manage retrofits and/or upgrade projects for vehicles in operation as well as supporting critical service & maintenance requests for repairs for our test vehicles.
- Ensure best practices and engineering standards for installation, integration & verification of mechanical assemblies and integrations.
- Fabricate simple mechanical components, brackets etc. using methods such as 3D printing and simple shop tools.
- Troubleshoot and root-cause issues during the assembly and bring-up together with other engineering teams.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience building prototype or small and/or production run series vehicles
- An engineering degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical or an equivalent field OR a technician’s certificate plus relevant experience and training
- Experience in prototyping and integration in the automotive, trucking, aerospace, robotics, or automation industry
- Good skills for design and review in a 3D CAD package (SolidWorks preferred)
- Proficient with using 3D printing to create parts
- A practical application of engineering knowledge to component selection and specification (seals, fasteners, materials, coatings etc.)
- Familiarity with hand tools including drills, brake presses, oscillating saws, grinders, rotary tools etc.
- Experience with steering and braking systems of commercial vehicles including foundation air brakes
- Experience building automotive harnesses of a high quality and creating high-quality vehicle integrations (preferred)
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- The 10 most innovative companies in transportation of 2023
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2023 by Forbes
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022 by Forbes
- Gatik been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik named a TIME Best Invention of 2022
- Apeksha Kumavat recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
- Gatik’s Gautam Narang on the importance of knowing your customer
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022 by Goldman Sachs
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile