Staff Software Engineer | Data Platform
In order to keep climate change to 1.5°C, we’ll need 30% of global GDP (all of the energy generation and transportation) to run on batteries by 2035.
Zitara Technologies (YCombinator S20) builds predictive battery management software for transportation and energy customers with large deployments. Our customers operate >$100M deployments of batteries in satellites, EVs, and renewable energy storage installations.
Our team brings top researchers in physics-based battery algorithms together with seasoned software engineers to build safety-critical firmware and large-scale machine learning systems. We bring with us decades of experience from companies like Tesla, Facebook, and Google.
Zitara has one of the most comprehensive battery performance datasets in the world, consisting of terabytes of electrical and thermal battery data from fleets of devices in the field and battery systems in our lab. You will lead the evolution of our data platform to improve our battery algorithms, analytics, web app features, and more.
- Design, build, and maintain the next generation of our data platform, including data ingestion, processing, storage, and retrieval
- Choose best-in-class tools for data management and make build-vs-buy decisions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement scalable data solutions that manage complex, highly structured data sets with domain-specific requirements.
- Optimize data performance and reliability, including monitoring and troubleshooting of data systems
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to more junior engineers on the team
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering, with a focus on data platform development
- Experience deploying robust production software written in Python
- Strong understanding of data modeling, database design, and SQL
- Experience implementing and managing data pipelines with orchestration tools such as Dagster, Prefect, or Airflow, and large-scale data processing frameworks such as Spark, dbt, and Kafka
- Familiarity with cloud-based data platforms and technologies such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- 4+ years of Python experience
- Experience with a systems programming language such as C++ or Rust
- Familiarity with machine learning platform components such as feature stores, model lifecycle management, and data version control
- Experience with dense time-series data sets or scientific data sets
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, Dental, and Vision care for you and your family
- 401K savings plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- An altruistic company mission
- Excellent colleagues that are interested in your happiness and growth
About Zitara Technologies, Inc.
In order to keep climate change to 1.5°C, we’ll need 30% of global GDP (all of energy generation and transportation) to run on batteries by 2035.
Zitara Technologies (YCombinator S20) builds predictive battery management software for transportation and energy customers with large deployments. Their customers operate >$100M deployments of batteries in satellites, EVs, and renewable energy storage installations.
Real-Time Fleet Management Platform Designed to Improve Lithium Battery Safety and Longevity