Satellite Navigation Solution Project Manager
GNSS (GPS) creates upwards of $500B in economic value in the US every year, supporting everything from consumer applications, to transportation systems, to time sync for critical infrastructure. As these industries progress towards autonomy the performance and security demands of their navigation systems are increasing beyond what GNSS can support, leaving a need for a cost-effective global solution.
Using lessons we've learned at places like SpaceX and Blue Origin, Xona is constructing a modern satellite network at the rapid pace of the new space industry leveraging the recent wave of technology and regulatory advancements. Building on our patent pending small satellite architecture, we are developing a robust and accurate service that is an independent alternative to GNSS rather than a correction, solving the longstanding challenge of obtaining a reliable high accuracy solution from the very fragile GNSS signals. Our satellite system will provide the first ever high-accuracy global navigation and timing services with the security and resilience modern applications need to operate safely at scale.
At Xona you will develop state-of-the-art hardware and software solutions to solve real problems that can have a massive world impact. Xona is driven by the mission to enable modern devices to operate safely in any environment, anywhere on Earth, and unlock the true potential of the age of autonomy.
Looking for a Project Manager to join our highly technical team of satellite engineers, to apply Xonas groundbreaking satellite navigation technology to meet military and government needs. This person will be interacting with representatives from the US Space Force, Air Force, Army, Navy and Marine Corps. Through this interaction, this person will seek to understand military requirements for satellite navigation, how those requirements apply to satellite navigation capabilities, and how Xona's capabilities may enable new applications for the military such as satellite-guided projectiles that were not previously possible. Day-to-day activities will include:
- Building and maintaining the project plan and status reporting framework.
- Maintaining and reporting on project status, including budgets and deliverables.
- Analyzing technical documentation from Xona and the US military.
- Coordinating with Xona and military representatives, and facilitating technical discussions to analyze detailed technical requirements.
- Preparing presentations and deliverables to facilitate such meetings and document their outcomes.
- Considering military security requirements and standards, and how they might apply to Xona's commercial technologies.
- Supervising the preparation and delivery of contract deliverables and milestones.
- Facilitating other business development efforts with the military and government, including RFP analysis and proposal generation.
- 10+ years of experience working with the US military and government in the satellite space.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in an engineering discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong writing and presentation skills are a must, along with organization skills to cat-herd technical personnel on both the Xona and customer sides.
- Prior military service.
- To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. Green Card holder), or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Desired Qualification (not all are expected):
- Recently-separated officer out of either US Space Force or one of the other services satellite communications offices, with a technical degree in an aerospace discipline, and experience at the Pentagon.
Xona makes offers based on geo-located salary bands using a compensation tool. We are required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to Burlingame, California and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets, experience, interview performance and training. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and comp, Xona expects to hire for this position near the middle of the range. Only in truly rare and exceptional circumstances, where an external candidate has experience, credentials, or expertise that far exceed those required or expected for the position, would Xona consider paying a salary or rate near the higher end of the range.
Xona Space Systems
UNLEASH THE AGE OF AUTONOMY