Environmental, Health and Safety Lead
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby Aviation is seeking an Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) Lead to join our dynamic team. The EHS Lead will drive Joby Aviation’s Environmental, Health, and Safety, programs providing strategic direction and leadership. This position will oversee organizational compliance with local, state, and federal EHS regulations and tie into Joby Aviation’s Enterprise Safety Management System (SMS) development.
- Demonstrate expertise in connecting EH&S initiatives to overall Joby Aviation’s strategy and organization effectiveness by utilizing effective change management techniques
- Ensure compliance with all EH&S current and developing country and location regulations, codes, and key constraints
- Work with EH&S Team to develop and implement standardized programs to maintain full compliance with EH&S regulations and standards to meet/exceed metrics.
- Perform audits of all locations annually
- Measure plant performance benchmarking against best-in-class standards to create and implement plans with a focus on continuous improvement
- Develop, review, maintain, and conduct EH&S program training that are required to enhance EH&S Performance
- Provide strategic direction to sustain a comprehensive system for hazard prevention and control
- Implement and maintain behavior-based safety program
- Manage Safety & Health programs within Joby Aviation facilities. This includes developing and providing guidance to all Leads and EHS personnel at all locations.
- Collaborate with Joby leadership to ensure all programs are being fully executed.
- Develops a systemic process to collect data, analyze the causes of accidents, and generate required reporting
- Implements initiatives to reduce and prevent accidents, occupational illnesses, and exposure to long-term health hazards
- Assure proper recordkeeping of results in all areas and develop effective and efficient reporting mechanisms that meet the regulations and inform the leadership
- Ability and willingness to travel to all Joby Aviation facilities
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in environmental health and safety
- 3+ years of experience directly managing people
- Excellent leadership abilities and extensive knowledge of OSHA and CAL/OSHA requirements
- Knowledge of global safety and environmental requirements
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Knowledge and experience with Behavior Based Safety techniques
- Occupational Health based management experience
- Thorough knowledge of aviation regulations and industry standards
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $96,300-$162,200/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing