Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
We are seeking a motivated Fabricator to join our team in Santa Cruz, California. The Joby team is made up of talented, hardworking, and passionate individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding hands-on environment. We are looking to expand this team with like-minded individuals who are excited to contribute to the coming revolution in transportation.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid California driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Listen to instructions, willingness to learn, attention to detail, work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Willing to adhere to shop procedures and safety standards at all times.
- Willingness to work overtime when needed.
- 5+ years welding ferrous and non-ferrous materials, both MIG and TIG.
- Experience welding exotic metals (Titanium, Chromoly, 321 Stainless Steel, 4140).
- High level of understanding print reading and weld symbols.
- Have a solid understanding of milling and turning techniques on manual or CNC machines.
- Experience in sheet metal bending and forming (press brake knowledge).
- Forklift experience.
- 5+ years experience in any; aerospace, motorsports, start-up, or manufacturing shops. Conforming shop experience is a plus.
- Understanding of GD&T.
- Experience in welding Cryogenic components.
- Prior 3G welding certification or above in MIG for steel thicknesses up to ½” and 3G or above in TIG for aluminum up to ¼“. Basic SMAW competency would be beneficial.
- Prior experience welding pressure vessels or watertight components.
- Experience with CAD (Fusion 360, Solidworks, Catia or other).
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $45-$52/hr. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing