Senior Software Engineer, Test Automation and Reliability
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby Aviation is seeking a driven engineer with an ability to understand complex problems and create reliable and repeatable solutions. This engineer will play a key role in a small, fast-moving team. They will participate in architecture design and implementation inside of our systems integration test automation system for our electric-powered, fly-by-wire aircraft.
Specifically, this role focuses on writing Test Automation frameworks for embedded aviation components. We are looking for software engineers with strong python and C++ skills.
- University degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent and 5+ years industry experience. An advance degree and 3+ years of experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrable proficiency with Python and a strong knowledge of C++
- Mature understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Development (CI/CD) and DevOps tools
- Experience with modern integrated development environments and debuggers
- Experience designing and implementing test strategies to assess the reliability of automation frameworks and libraries.
- Positive attitude and self-motivated work ethic
- Willingness to be flexible and learn new technologies
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in a geographically distributed team
- Ability to work closely with the software development team, and teams in other domains, gathering requirements and feedback.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and related tools
- Experience working with containerization technologies; docker experience preferred
Please still apply if you don’t meet all items in the desired section! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse and effective workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $87,900-$163,000. The compensation package offered will be determined by location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Electric Aerial Ridesharing