Senior Electrical Engineer
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby is seeking a talented electrical engineer to join our team designing all-electric aircraft. This engineer will work closely with mechanical, software, and other cross-functional teams. You'll be taking ownership of key electrical subsystems and printed-circuit-boards from design through prototyping and to product. This is a hands-on position. Optimizing designs for reliability, weight, and efficiency will be essential.
- Create clear and readable schematics for digital and mixed-signal printed-circuit-boards
- Component selection for minimum mass and maximum reliability
- Investigate modern technologies for power and data transmission/management
- Work with PCB designers to create reliable and low-weight layouts
- Write requirements, participate in DFMEAs + create and carry out test and validation plans
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Strong EE fundamentals, including familiarity with:
- Power conversion (linear and switching regulators)
- High-speed digital design and layout
- Signal conditioning and conversion (ADCs, filters)
- Discrete semiconductor design (FETs, BJTs, Diodes)
- Schematic capture and PCB design
- Experience with component selection
- Hands-on experience with building and debugging hardware
- Great communication skills
- Advanced degree in relevant discipline
- 2+ years of working experience in relevant industry
- Familiarity with Altium Designer
- High voltage electrical design (400V+)
- Exposure to regulatory certification
- Design-for-reliability, including use of DFMEA and fault trees
- Designing for high EMI environments
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $103,300-$173,500/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Electric Aerial Ridesharing