Operations Partnerships Senior Program Manager
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate senior program manager to join our commercial operations team with a focus on managing the development, planning, and execution of air taxi operations with our strategic launch partners. You will build and maintain relationships with Joby’s launch partners, and you will drive the success of joint objectives all while working with various teams within Joby.
You must be a strategic thinker, one who can represent Joby’s vision to key in-market commercial, political, and regulatory stakeholders. You must also be tactical in execution, capable of coordinating, tracking, and driving numerous workstreams and launch tasks across multiple potential markets.
Your prior operational experience with major air carriers or major airports will serve as the bedrock from which you will engage Joby’s partners at major airlines and airports. Upon this prior experience you will build a credible and informed perspective on, and will drive execution of, the workstreams required to successfully launch a commercial eVTOL air taxi service.
This role is hybrid remote and the selected candidate must be located in one of the following areas: San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, or New York City.
- Collaborate with numerous Joby teams including product, business development, infrastructure, government operations, and policy teams to develop and maintain go-to-market timelines for the launch of commercial air taxi operations
- Lead collaboration with Joby’s strategic air taxi product partners by representing Joby’s operational perspective in all aspects of a 14 CFR Part 135 on-demand air taxi service
- Drive the identification, progress tracking, and completion of operational objectives that enable the launch of air taxi operations; identifying blockers, dependencies, and sources of execution risk
- Develop a deep understanding of commercial aviation air and ground operations in major US cities, heliports, and airports and leverage this perspective to support realizing Joby’s eVTOL concept of operations
- Tackle hard, ambiguous questions with rigor and independence, owning projects from problem definition to final recommendation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years operational experience at, or in an organization working with, a major commercial air carrier or major airport
- Demonstrated experience leading of multiple simultaneous and interrelated projects that support a program’s objectives
- Experience working directly with people at all organizational levels including executives, both inside and outside of a company
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial instincts, with a clear bias for informed action and a track record of leading new initiatives
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficiency in common workplace software: Microsoft and Google office tools, including working with spreadsheets
- 10+ years combined experience in any of the following: air or land side operations, infrastructure, planning, business development or related functions at an aviation focused organization
- Prior experience working with various governmental and aviation transportation authorities in a major US market
- Prior experience in consulting or finance, in addition to aviation experience
- Expertise in project management tools and concepts
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $107,200-$178,400/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing