Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate production supervisor to join our Powertrain and Electronics team. The position will be based in our San Carlos location and will actively work with various teams at Joby Aviation, including manufacturing engineering, supply chain, safety, quality, factory system, certification and more. This role will operate in a fast paced, demanding, and rewarding environment with very high expectations for individual and team contribution.
- Build and lead strong and motivated production team, focused on quality and safety
- Execute production, safety, and quality goals against aggressive production schedule Set production objectives and priorities on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Ensure production technicians and associates are following all conforming processes and documentation
- Work with cross functional team on development, training, and implementation of new manufacturing, quality, and safety processes
- Support issue resolution and root cause analysis related to process, quality, and safety
- Lead Kaizen and 5S efforts on production floor
- Review and provide feedback for Manufacturing Work Instructions
- Work alongside production technicians and associates during initial production and ramp
- 3+ years of experience managing successful production teams
- 5+ years of experience in production environment using Manufacturing Execution System - MES (ION preferred)
- Experience recruiting and developing production personnel
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate clearly
- Fluent in MS Office programs
- Experience in electric vehicle, aviation, or aerospace manufacturing
- Knowledge of Kaizen and 5S principles
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $82,700 - $110,300/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Electric Aerial Ridesharing