Senior Autonomous Systems Engineer
This position involves architecture and implementation of the embedded software at the heart of the next generation of the Joby Aviation aircraft. The engineer will play a key role in a small, fast-moving team and have input to conceptual system design and implementation of embedded software for control of an autonomous, electric-powered, fly-by-wire aircraft.
- Develop reusable, high quality and high-fidelity algorithms for aircraft navigation, surveillance, and safety systems, including mathematical modeling, simulation, and performance validation.
- Design multi-sensor configurations for obstacle detection.
- Develop, implement, and verify radar simulation systems.
- Analyze simulated and real-world radar data at different levels.
- Write software for simulation, prototypes, and production systems.
- Work closely with the flight test team to collect large data sets.
- Post-process massive and incomplete data to create labeled training and testing datasets.
- Confer with data processing or project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities for data processing projects.
- PhD in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics or mathematics.
- Experience in the design, analysis and implementation of signal processing and mathematical algorithms.
- Proficient in programming in Python and/or C++.
- Experience implementing probabilistic estimation theory, Nonlinear optimization, and Filtering.
- Experience with tracking or estimation algorithms.
- Experience with high rate data processing.
- Familiarity with source control with git or other.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills to collaborate with other engineering disciplines
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $126,100 - $168,200. The compensation package offered will be determined by location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing